Are you looking for a quick but healthy and delicious meal to cook
Here is one of my favorite home made fast food
Sweet potato porridge is one of the easy and fast meals to make at home
It’s delicious, tasty and sweet,
As the name goes they are actually sweet and even serve as sweeteners in some recipes.
Sweet potatoes are one of the well known tubers in Nigeria
And they are available in the market all year round.
I find them very handy when yam is expensive.
This tuber can also be added to beans when making bean porridge, the same way yam or plantain is added when cooking beans.
You can also combine yam and sweet potato to make porridge as well.
Sweet potato cooks fast and to reduce the cooking time cut them into smaller slices.
The cook time will vary depending on the quantity and the size of the tuber.
Now let me show you how to make this tasty meal.
Recipe For Making Sweet Potato Porridge
- Sweet potatoes
- Onion (chopped)
- Palm oil
- Okpei (local seasoning)
- Crayfish (grounded)
- Locust beans
- Vegetable (ugu, spinach, green, scent leave)
- Peel and wash sweet potatoes
- Cut into smaller pieces
- Put the potatoes into a pot and add water
- Ensure the water is a little bit above half the level of the sweet potatoes, (too much water will make for a watery porridge).
- Place pot on the stove
- Add salt, pepper, crayfish, onion, palm oil, locust beans, okpei into the pot and stir.
- Cover the pot and allow to cook until soft
- Add the vegetable, allow to cook for few minutes
- Stir the meal.
- Turn off the stove
- Serve the sweet potato porridge.
Follow this recipe to make yam or potato porridge.
See also how to make potato fries without frying
Hope this was helpful?